Dodge Repair/AC Problem: PAG viscosity

Question
The AC in my 2001 Ram 2500 with 5.9 Cummins stopped working. I replaced the compressor, oil, accumulator, orifice tube and condenser. I also flushed the evaporator and all other plumbing. Then I  evacuated the system for about 90 minutes and recharged with 32 oz of R134a. When done the AC worked properly. I then realized that I had used PAG 100 oil instead of PAG 20. Will this damage the system of shorten it's working life?
Thanks for your help.
Rusty

Answer
Hi Rusty,
I see in the '01 manual that it does point to use of PAG 20 oil. Unfortunately there is no further discussion about what the effect would be of using a different PAG number oil. This would probably be best answered by a a.c. shop as I don't recall seeing anything in the manuals. The viscosity of the oil is thin if 20, and medium if 100. But whether this is a siginificant issue I would not know.
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston