Dodge Repair/coolant leak at bracket of radiator

Question
2004 dodge durango slt 5.7L hemi. large raditior is leaking on top along metal bracket . is there a temporary way to seal it for a week or two. Just until I have the time and money to get the raditior replaced.

Answer
Hi Amber,
There is an additive you can try that goes into the radiator and which my stop the leak. The brand that seems to work the best is called "Bars Leak" so give that a try.
Roland

Hi Amber,
If you have access to the leaking bracket (the full length of the opening) then another approach would be to buy some 2-part epoxy which has the consistency of toothpaste, but when it is mixed together hardens into a firm and adhesive substance in about 12 hours that will fill the crack overnight. That would work better than Bars leak if this is an opening that wide enough to squeeze "toothpaste-like" compound into using a tooth pick or blade. I have sealed leaks successfully using such an epoxy mixture. A good brand for such an epoxy is "JB Weld".

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston