Dodge Repair/Gearshift knob

Question
I have a 2012 automatic Dodge Caliber. The gear Shift knob just pulls off so I bought a universal gear knob and it seems to be too big. It didn't come with any adapters. Please help.

Answer
Hi Brittany,
If there appears to be nothing unusual (internal parts that have to mesh) about the knob or the lever, you could probably "glue" it in place, but you would do better with a Dodge dealer knob. If you can't return it and the cost for the dealer knob is too much then you could probably use some 2-part epoxy to attach it. A brand called J-B Weld is good, you would mix equal parts and in a small amount and then apply that to the lever just above the point where the knob's opening comes to rest when it is fully down in place. Then let it sit overnight to "cure". Don't use too much as it otherwise might not come off in the future if you had to remove it.
Another approach would be to wrap the lever with painters' paper masking tape until it is  the same diameter as the knob hole and then push the knob on over the tape-covered lever.
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston