Dodge Repair/Motor swap

I have a 2006 dodge Durango w a 3.7 that runs good but was reck a few weeks ago. I also have a 2006 dodge Durango w no motor our tran in it . it had a 5.7.  The body is really good. Can i put the 3.7 motor an tran in the Durango that had 5.7.   I know will need the computer from the 3.7 .. An the wire harness . can i just swap harness under the hood on the fire wall??

Hi Loren,
It will certainly fit but you would need also to consider whether the engine mounting details are the same, so take a look at that issue. A visit to a dealer parts counter would be worthwhile so you can check out the part numbers of all the items between the 3.7 and the 5.7. I am sure you can do it, but you would do well to know what else if anything could be different and particularly things that are not easily substituted.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).