Dodge Repair/'03 ram transfer case problem

Question
2003 4x4 Dodge Ram 4 door-long box... Hemi V8, 4 speed auto, 183,000 miles.  Problem #1:  4x4 light on instrument cluster is on when starting vehicle.  Putting in 4x4 low (and sometimes 4x4 high) the light goes off. Weird.  Problem #2: U Joints at both front wheels are turning in 2wd.  There is noactual power turning the front tires... it is still in 2wd. They should be not turning in 2wd correct?  It's like the old full time 4 wheel drive in some old school 4x4's.  Need probable cause, easy instructions to troubleshoot and fixactions (possible youtube or alternate website directions/diagrams would be great)  Thanks.

Answer
Hi Rennevat,
I am not too expert in this area, but did look in the manual and find there are 2 different transfer cases where the selector switch also has an "N" position. Would you happen to know whether you have the NV243 or 273 transfer case?
Because of the electronic control system that would be the place to start verifying function.
If you can look on the transfer case for the 243 or 273 number that would be good so I can focus on the proper pages of the manual. A round identification tag is attached to the rear
surface of the transfer case and does state the model number.
I can copy the section about the electronic control switch as the starting point, and send the pages to you as an attachment to an email.
Let me know your email address but don't use @, instead use "at" or the address will be erased.
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston