Dodge Repair/'07 Ram HVAC problems

Question
pd $800 for new fan, prob not fixed.  AC only blows out of left vent that passenger would use. Heat only blows out of defrost vent.  When change setting for air to go hear a loud thud like a door shutting in some sort of slot. PLEASE HELP, please tell me how to fix this.  the ac that blows out of the one vent is cold and the heat that blows out of the defrost when set for feet is hot as hell.

Answer
Hi Christy,
The air flow is controlled electrically via various doors each with an "actuator" that is electrically operated. These are under the dash using parts associated with the HVAC console.
There is a self-diagnostic capability associated with the system which is accessed by a fault code reader that plugs into a socket under the dash near the steering column. The codes for this unit begin with the letter B. The code reader can also request a "calibration" of the actuator doors which may solve the problem.
So if you will either go to a nationwide auto parts store (e.g. Autozone) who will often do a free fault code readout or to an independent shop which will charge around $40, and have a readout and calibration done then we can see exactly which of the actuators is at fault. Then there are instructions in the shop manual I have for each code that describes how to repair the problem. Be sure that the fault code reader that is used is capable of accessing the "body control module which is where the fault codes are stored and also request a 'calibration'.
I assume that this is a dual temperature zone system which allow for different temps on the driver side and passenger side to be selected, correct?
When you get the fault code numbers let me know what they are.
Were you charged $800 simply to replace the blower motor? If so, then that was an incorrect diagnosis of the problem, vastly overcharged, and you should be able to get some compensation from the shop or get them to make the corrections that the fault codes say are needed (for free).
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston