Dodge Repair/1990 Cadillac

Question
Old car in fairly good shape. The ignition lock came apart inside. Pulled everything apart, took the lock out - but - had to cut the 2 wires that touch the center of the key. I get a slight Ohm reading of 09.90 instead of 00.00 with the tumblers removed. Can I just "connect the wires; without HURTING the computer???" If it is safe to do so, I can get this car back on the road A.S.A.P.
Thanx!

Answer
Hi Lynn,
I am not expert in Cadillac but if the wire are related to touching the key they are probably for the purpose of alerting when the key is in the lock or not. I would try simply not reattaching or  connecting them. I don't believe that would damage the computer. If that doesn't work, then connect them together but you will then get the notification that you left the key in the switch when you leave the car, which may be hassle.
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston