Dodge Repair/'96 2.0 Neon: no tail lamps

all of a sudden I don't have taillights.all fuses are good as are the bulbs.test light shows no power back there

Hi Epolito,
Fuse 2 (15 amp) under the dash powers the tail lights. A black/yellow wire from the headlamp switch carries the current through a gray 12-pin disconnect under the dash near the steering column on pin 2, then to a splice at the rear underside behind the fuel tank, and from there to the tail light sockets and license lamp.
So that should give you the pathway to follow to find out what is wrong.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).