Dodge Repair/99 stratus 2.4L connecting rod bearing

Question
I am changing out a connecting rod bearing on a 99 stratus 2.4L and the bearing that is bad is right above the oil pump. I see that pump is attached to timing chain so was wondering how I can remove oil pump?

Answer
Hi Gene,
If you can't change the bearing without removing the pump then you have to remove it. That involves removing the timing belt, crank shaft sprocket using tool 6793 and insert C-4685-C2, remove oil pick-up tube. The reinstall requires 2 more tools to do the sprocket and seal.
Do you have the manual pages that show this? I can copy those and send them to you as an attachment to an email if you tell me your email address (but use "at", instead of @).
Are you certain that the rod bearing needs to be replaced? You may be opening a "can of worms" unnecessarily.
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston