Dodge Repair/'99 stratus: engine noise/diagnosis

Question
Have an 99 stratus that makes a knocking sound when started. It seems like it's coming more from the oil pan and can hear a ticking sound from the valve cover so wanted to get some advice of where to start. Engine still drives and it's a 6 cylinder 2.4L. I tried to upload a video also

Answer
Hi Gene,
It is difficult to diagnose from a distance and based upon sounds. You would want to check the compression pressure on each of the cylinders using a gauge at the spark plug hole, and also how is the oil pressure at idle and 3000 rpm if it will go that high. By the way that 2.4 is a 4 cylinder engine.
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston