Dodge Repair/Blower motor: '02 dakota

Question
Hi  Roland,
Thank you for your response. Now it is getting stranger to me. Pin 2 blue/yellow wire shows 12v but when I plug the resistor in to it I show no voltage on any pin. Take the resistor back out, 12 volts again. I even plugged the old resistor in to check it. Same thing. Any Idea's?

Answer
Hi Tim,
If you have the fan control switch off, then you should see 12v on pin 1 (black/tan wire) and also much lower voltages on pins 3, 4, 5 which are reduced because of the internal resistors. I am unclear as to how you are measuring the voltages, but pin 1 should be the same as pin 2 reading as those pins are connected together inside the resistor block. The readings of the other three pins will depend upon what sort of meter you are using.
If that 12v on pin 1 is what you find to be the case, then you need to check at pin 10 of the blower control switch for 12v to be present. If it is not, then check at pin 14 of the natural color disconnect behind the glove box as that could be "open" (disconnected), and it is the black/tan wire that should go from the block to the switch. If you do get 12v on pin 14 then when you turn the switch to high that should cause the voltage to drop to 0 and the fan should go on full speed as the switch grounds that wire, which closes the circuit to ground and allow the current to flow through the blower motor. The switch panel itself is supposed to be grounded to the body, but if it were loose, then that might explain why the blower won't run.
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston