Dodge Repair/Blower motor no go: '02 Dakota

Question
My blower motor will not work in any position. I replaced the resistor and it still did not work. I tested the blower motor and it worked fine. I checked the voltage to the blower and it has 12 volts. I am lost now. I hope it isn't the control switch.

Answer
Hi Tim,
From the motor to the resistor block there is a harness with 5 wires, the dark blue/yellow carries the 12v from the motor to pin 2 of the plug, and then it splits between three resistors and a straight through and comes out on pins  5,4,3,1 which go to the control panel. So check that you see voltage on all those pins when you have the ignition switch in the run position. The wires then go from the resistor block to the HVAC control panel, but do go through a natural color 16-pin connector that is located behind the glove box, so you could check to be sure it is not disconnected there. At the control panel the blower speed control switch selects one of the 4 wires from the resistor block to ground the current that then causes the blower motor to power up. So see if you can find the reason why the current coming from the blower motor is not getting to that ground point at the control switch.
If the wiring is patent, you should see 12v at pin 2,3,7, and 10 of the black 10-pin plug at the control panel. And if the control panel lights illuminate then the control switch is indeed grounded, which is so would point to the control switch itself being "open".
Let me know what you learn. (The above is based upon the '04 manual which is the closest I have to your '02).
Roland  

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston