Dodge Repair/'08 Grand. caravan: 6-speed auto. code P076A

QUESTION: have you seen this code before, and do you know what fixed it, its trsns solenoid H, valvebody, solenoid pack?? idk
pls help, i am a tech

ANSWER: Hi Janice,
Are you sure about the P076A number? Most of the trans fault codes are in the 700's and 1700's.
Is the the 6-speed auto trans?

QUESTION: Yes u r correct trans codes r usually 700's I am sure of code. 6 speed auto trans 4.0 l. DC  (direct clutch) solenoid h. Code always come back after clearing and van eventually goes into limp mode. I have continuity between the PCM and the connector on the transmission

If the two wires for the Direct clutch solenoid are verified then you may want to consider either replacing the solenoid pack assembly, or at least removing it and checking out the DC solenoid and if it is available as a separate part just replacing that solenoid.  

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).