Dodge Repair/No Acceleration: '08 Ram

2008 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad w/5.7Hemi worked fine yesterday, started up this morning it was sluggish out of driveway, couldnt accelerate, difficulty in going up hills, need place to start

Hi Tom,
Take advantage of the self-diagnostic capability of the engine control system. Turn the ignition key: "on-off-on-off-on" and leave on, doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time.
Then watch the odometer window in the instrument cluster to see the mileage reading to be replaced by a 4-digit number(s) preceded by a P. Let me know what you find and we'll go from there.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).