Dodge Repair/Jeep engines

Hi, I have two jeeps.  1993 Grand Cherokee with 6 cyc. and a Jeep Wrangler 1995 with a 4 cyc.
I decided to change my oil on both this last time with some synthetic Mobil one and now both have a "tappit" click noise as if the hydrolic lifters are not work right.  Neither one sounds like all of them but just maybe one or two. I have been told that this is normal.  Both engines are up around 140K miles.  Anything to worry about?  I added some STP to see if that would "thicken" up the oil but did not make much difference.  Both run strong.  I have also heard that run a quart of tranny fluid in the oil for awhile to pump up the lifter.
Any thoughts?

Hi William,
I have to admit that I don't have any advice other than to inquire about the "weight" of the synthetic oil as compared to what was the weight you had been using. It could be that the pressure is lower in the system which is why you are experiencing the lifter sounds.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).