Dodge Repair/Jeep engines

Question
Hi, I have two jeeps.  1993 Grand Cherokee with 6 cyc. and a Jeep Wrangler 1995 with a 4 cyc.
I decided to change my oil on both this last time with some synthetic Mobil one and now both have a "tappit" click noise as if the hydrolic lifters are not work right.  Neither one sounds like all of them but just maybe one or two. I have been told that this is normal.  Both engines are up around 140K miles.  Anything to worry about?  I added some STP to see if that would "thicken" up the oil but did not make much difference.  Both run strong.  I have also heard that run a quart of tranny fluid in the oil for awhile to pump up the lifter.
Any thoughts?

Answer
Hi William,
I have to admit that I don't have any advice other than to inquire about the "weight" of the synthetic oil as compared to what was the weight you had been using. It could be that the pressure is lower in the system which is why you are experiencing the lifter sounds.
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston