Dog Boarding/Kenneling/Quarantine

How long would my dog have to stay in quarantine for if I was to move from the UAE to the UK?

It is best to check directly with a UK government agency to get the correct answer to this question.  I am primarily an expert with respect to boarding pets while clients are away on vacation etc. and am not an expert on the requirements of various countries with respect to bringing pets into these countries.  I do know, however, that the UK has been quite strict in the past with respect to bringing pets into the country and at one time, the quarantine was up to 6 months.  However, I believe this may have changed, but I am not familiar with the current requirements. It would be best to ensure your pet is current with all the vaccinations required in the UK and make sure he has been thoroughly checked by a vet for these diseases (as well as parasites.)
Kathy Carter, BSc
Owner operator of boarding kennen
Home Alone Pet Cottages  

Dog Boarding/Kenneling

Kathy Carter

Can answer questions about boarding pets. Cannot answer medical questions about pets.

12 years running a boarding kennel for dogs and cats, boarding up to 30 dogs and 12 cats each day and running the business myself

Canadian Kennel Club

Article published in local newsletter regarding pet boarding

Bachelor of Science degree from McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

Small business grant

80% of business is repeat customers, 20% is new customers