Dog Boarding/Kenneling/layover with a pet in turkey

Question
Hello, i have a yorkie shitzu female dog.
8 yers of age micro chipped and has a 3 years rabies vaccination.

I am planning to travel from LEBANON to Kuwait but i want to
stop for couple days in Turkey,i am concerned about what Turkey considers a long layover and their rules for taking my dog in with me. I have flown before on turkish airlines and i know everything needed for boarding dogs on airplanes but not what i need to do to take it with me inside the country for couple days.

I appraciate any helpful answer.
Rana.

Answer
Hello Rana,
I looked into this for you, and it appears that Turkey fortunately does not have a quarantine period for dogs coming into the country.  Your pet would need to be current with the rabies vaccination at least 30 days prior to arrival in the country, but not more then 12 months prior to arrival.  So if she has had a 3 year rabies vaccination, it may need to be re-done to meet this criteria, unless this requirement has changed.
You will need to have a Veterinary Certificate for Turkey endorsed by the governing authority of your country and a certificate for the rabies vaccination.  Your vet should be able to help you out with this. I found this information on www.pettravel.com - there wasn't much information on the web regarding the requirements for pets entering Turkey.
I hope this helps you.
Kathy

Dog Boarding/Kenneling

Kathy Carter