Dog Food (Canine Diet and Nutrition)/Canine autoimmune vasculitis and diet

vicky wrote at 2012-01-04 11:35:50
hello i have a 3 year old cocker spaniel who was diagnosed with vascilitus about 2 years ago! We think his was vaccine related and it has been a long struggle. in the last 6 months he has had both his front dew claws and 2 toes removed due to this. he is on lots of medication and i would love the chance to chat to someone going through something similar. my email is if anyone would like to chat.

Many Thanks

arod9005 wrote at 2013-01-29 02:11:11
Hi there,

I've been using Nutro Ultra now for a long time and my dog has never looked better or had more energy.  It's a great food and the list of ingredients is superior. One advantage I think over the other one  you were considering is that Nutro makes all its own food.  The other one outsources it to some plant in who knows where.  Don't be swayed by what's on that Consumer Affairs website -- anyone can write anything online.

Dog Food (Canine Diet and Nutrition)

Catherine Lane, Dip. CFN

I offer qualified and comprehensive expertise, based on both extensive experience as a professional canine nutrition consultant to local veterinary clinics, breeders, natural food stores and individual dog lovers, as well as formal training (I currently hold a diploma in canine nutrition and am pursuing a Master's degree at this time). My background in dogs spans fifty years and my approach to nutrition emphasizes a reasonable balance between cutting-edge, holistic science, and conventional research and wisdom. I'm happy to discuss anything related to canine nutrition, including commercial diet, formulating a home prepared raw or cooked diet, diet for health conditions and life stages, pros and cons of raw feeding, performance nutrition, behaviour, supplementation,using herbs safely/ effectively, nutrient requirements, food sources and safety. Please check my website for a full biography and much more information on my training, experience, and results.

I've worked with dogs in various capacities since the 1970's, when I was a veterinary assistant for my father's practise and involved in conformation with various breeds. Since then I have studied nutrition informally and formally with an emphasis on canine studies.I have been working as a canine nutrition consultant for eight years professionally; I take referrals from several local veterinary clinics, working mainly with health conditions such as IBD, cancer, kidney disease and uroliths. I also present seminars,have guested on a local radio show, appeared on local television,and I teach certificate programmes in nutrition, dietary formulation and herbalism.

Rhodesian Ridgeback Club of Eastern Canada

The Bark, September 2007 forthcoming DogFancy, March 2008 Regular columnist for local periodicals The Ridgeback Roster and Ottawa Natural Pets newsletter

Recently completed a three year Diploma in Canine Nutrition from a local online college. Currently enrolled in prerequisite program for Masters in Human Nutrition at an accredited university, and completing a two year program in Herbalism at Dominion College. Certificate in Herbalism from Australasian College of Natural Health

caseload is in the high hundreds, far too numerous to list