Dog Food (Canine Diet and Nutrition)/fruit

What types of fruits can my dog eat?

Hi Anne,

Dogs can benefit from, and are likely to enjoy some fruits.  As with anytime you introduce a new food into a diet, do so gradually and in small amounts so as not to upset their digestive systems.
Some of my dog's favorites are cored sliced apples and pears, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and raspberries.  They also LOVE canned pumpkin (which IS technically a fruit).
NEVER give your dog grapes (or raisins) as they are not safe for dogs.

Dog Food (Canine Diet and Nutrition)

Karla Haas

Welcomes questions regarding cooking for dogs, and may be able to provide information regarding pet food quality and ingredients. Not qualified to answer medical questions.

Founder, Rudy Green Inc., manufacturer of a frozen, all natural "people food for dogs". I have been an animal rescue worker for over 20 years and have extensive knowledge of pet food and nutrition.

Bachelors degree in Social Sciences. 20+ years of active volunteerism within Animal Welfare organizations. Over 6 years of studies and hands on research in pet nutrition.

Retail customers include Whole Foods Market, Kroger, Amazon and independent pet supply and grocery stores