Dog Food (Canine Diet and Nutrition)/the shell

How much eggshell should I give my dog?  I boil the shell, and grind it to a fine powder.  My dog is a six lb. Yorkie female.

Are you cooking a home-made diet for your dog?  If so, i suggest you use about 1/2 tsp of powder per 1 c of food.  
If you are serving a commercial diet it is likely not necessary to add calcium; read the label to be sure you are not over-doing it.

Good luck.

Dog Food (Canine Diet and Nutrition)

Karla Haas

Welcomes questions regarding cooking for dogs, and may be able to provide information regarding pet food quality and ingredients. Not qualified to answer medical questions.

Founder, Rudy Green Inc., manufacturer of a frozen, all natural "people food for dogs". I have been an animal rescue worker for over 20 years and have extensive knowledge of pet food and nutrition.

Bachelors degree in Social Sciences. 20+ years of active volunteerism within Animal Welfare organizations. Over 6 years of studies and hands on research in pet nutrition.

Retail customers include Whole Foods Market, Kroger, Amazon and independent pet supply and grocery stores