Dog Food (Canine Diet and Nutrition)/Constant loose stools

Hi. We rescued a english bulldog who is 4 yrs old from a couple who couldn't keep her. I did call their vet prior to getting her and confirmed she had no medical issues. We adoptEd her at the end of August of this year. They had her on beneful. She had had constant loose stools since we got her. When I asked the man if she had loose stools for them he claimed she did not. We have had her on a bland diet several times which hasn't changed the consistency of her stools. We have tried pumpkin, yogurt, Human probiotics with no luck. She is now on natural balance venison and sweet potatoes for about a month and this food is not helping either. In fact she now has some small bald spots. Not sure if this is from the food or from seasonal allergies. I am at a loss on what to do with her. She will frequently defecate in her crate also. We have take. Her to the vet and she has been wormed, tested for parasites and giarrdea which all was negative. She doesn't seem to be losing weight and otherwise doesn't seem sickly. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated!!!

Hello Nikki,

Sorry to hear of your dog's digestive issues.  You say you had her about 2 months, has she had any normal stool at all?  A new family, new surroundings, new food and others differences can cause dogs to be nervous and have loose bowels.  The Beneful food is very unhealthy and it's good you got her off that.  It sounds like you did all the right things thus far.  I thing I might suggest to you is adding a great product to her daily diet.  I love NuVet Plus supplements for many reasons.  Many health issues and nervous conditions that cause rapid digestion resulting in loose stool is one of the problems NuVet Plus can help.  I would love to send you information for you to review and a sample wafer for your dog to taste test.  You can also go to the website and click on Aliments to read the many testimonials of pet owners praising how NuVet Plus has improved their pets health.

It's not easy to have a pet with this problem and I commend you for seeking help.  Please email me if you would like the sample at

Susan Potts  

Dog Food (Canine Diet and Nutrition)

Susan Potts

Dry food, canned food, homemade recipes,I can help you in choosing the right food for your pet. Nutrition by supplements for health is also a topic I enjoy talking about and therefore is one of the best things you can do for your pet. Ask about The Healthy Pet Challenge I am Not a veterinarian so any of my comments/answers to your questions are Not to be used as veterinarian's advise, diagnosis, or treatment. Please Do Not ask me any questions concerning medical advise, diagnosis, or treatment.

over 20 years of professional dog grooming, I have talked with a lot of people about pet foods. I have seven plus years of studying nutrition in dog health and diet. Seven plus years as an independent field representative with Flint River Ranch pet food and six plus years as a representative in the Health Pet Challenge business featuring Life's Abundance dog and cat food, treats, vitamins. Over 8 years as a distributor for NuVet Plus pet supplements. I enjoy talking and informing my clients about nutritional support to help with their pet's well being. Owner of Spotts Grooming and Holistic Pet Foods.

Healthy Pet Challenge - We are devoted to helping pets live longer, healthier lives through superior nutrition. Take the Healthy Pet Challenge Today! Healthy Pet Biz - training website

The Healthy Dog Spotts Dog Care

Continuing eduction from Life's Abundance Holistic pet food formulator, Dr. Jane Bicks and Dr. Sarah Wooten, DVM at Healthy Pet Biz

Over seven years of pet food and supplement customers throughout the United States and Canada