Dog Food (Canine Diet and Nutrition)/Keeping dog kibble fresh

Question
I only feed dog kibble as part of my diet for my two small dogs. What is the best way to keep their kibble as fresh as possible? Is it better to refrigerate or should I freeze? I buy a 15 pound bag (which I don't believe I will use up in 6 weeks time).
Thank you.

Answer
Hello Wendy,

It's not recommended to refrigerate or freeze dry pet food.  Moisture will develope on the kibbles and can cause it unhealthily to use.  The best way is to leave it in its original package and place it in a plastic container.

I am a independent rep for a holistic dog food that is made fresh within 6 weeks of our consumer receiving it and our packaging has a resealable top to lock in that freshness.  I have a small 8 pound bag for owners of small pets which is great if you think you won't use your pet's food up fast enough.
I would be happy to send a sample if you would like to try it.  My website is http://www.pipschoice.com You can contact me from there.

Hope this information helps.

Sincerely,
Susan Potts
www.spottsgrooming.com  

Dog Food (Canine Diet and Nutrition)

Susan Potts