Dog Food (Canine Diet and Nutrition)/finiky German Shepherd

Hi Susan, I have a 20 Month old Male Eastern German Shepherd (70lbs)...very active and happy, but the most finicky eater I have ever seen!!...We feed him 3 cups of a quality dry along with half a can of a quality wet food; we have tried it in the the AM and the PM and he will smell it and walk away,,and then hours later , eventually eat it, but sometimes taking 2 or 3 trips to it before finishing. My question, is this alright? the only way we seem to get him to eat it outright, is if we cook up some chicken and mince it up and mix it in. One other additive we put in it, is "Arthrimax" for his bad hips (Vets advice)...but note,,even without the Arthrimax he is still picky.

Hello Nick,

Finicky eaters are a challenge. I have known many in my years of grooming and recommending pet foods.  The one I hear most about that dogs really love is Life's Abundance see it here: and yes, that is my website.  I love and trust this food so much for my own dogs that I became a rep and started my own business with them.  

Some dogs don't eat like we think they should.  Dogs eat when they are hungry to feed their bodies.  That is very different from how we as people eat.  We think that since we eat three meals a day and snack in between that our dogs need to do the same.  

Your dog that takes many trips to the food dish before finishing it is what I like to call a grazer.  There is nothing wrong with that at all.

You may also what to skip the ArthriMAXX and give an overall supplement that helps with a lot more issues and give you a better bang for your buck.  see

Hope this helps.
Susan Potts  

Dog Food (Canine Diet and Nutrition)

Susan Potts

Dry food, canned food, homemade recipes,I can help you in choosing the right food for your pet. Nutrition by supplements for health is also a topic I enjoy talking about and therefore is one of the best things you can do for your pet. Ask about The Healthy Pet Challenge I am Not a veterinarian so any of my comments/answers to your questions are Not to be used as veterinarian's advise, diagnosis, or treatment. Please Do Not ask me any questions concerning medical advise, diagnosis, or treatment.

over 20 years of professional dog grooming, I have talked with a lot of people about pet foods. I have seven plus years of studying nutrition in dog health and diet. Seven plus years as an independent field representative with Flint River Ranch pet food and six plus years as a representative in the Health Pet Challenge business featuring Life's Abundance dog and cat food, treats, vitamins. Over 8 years as a distributor for NuVet Plus pet supplements. I enjoy talking and informing my clients about nutritional support to help with their pet's well being. Owner of Spotts Grooming and Holistic Pet Foods.

Healthy Pet Challenge - We are devoted to helping pets live longer, healthier lives through superior nutrition. Take the Healthy Pet Challenge Today! Healthy Pet Biz - training website

The Healthy Dog Spotts Dog Care

Continuing eduction from Life's Abundance Holistic pet food formulator, Dr. Jane Bicks and Dr. Sarah Wooten, DVM at Healthy Pet Biz

Over seven years of pet food and supplement customers throughout the United States and Canada