Dog Food (Canine Diet and Nutrition)/bored with food

Hello Susan,

I'm wondering if my 4 1/2 yr old boxer could be bored with her food or if she is having digestive issues.

She gets 1 cup of dry kibble (Nutro sensitive stomach formula) with 1/4 cup wet food mixed in, twice a day. Recently I've noticed that she doesn't come to eat her morning meal like she has always done. She waits until about lunch time before she touches it and even then she only picks at it. She will gladly eat anything else you give her (treats or switch a meal out for chicken and rice). Could she just be bored of her food?

If I take her for a walk before she eats her food she wants to eat a lot of grass..

Hello Anna,

It seems that we are more troubled by food than animals are.  Dogs will eat when they feel the need to do so.  Animals including dogs in the wild hunt for food and often they go for a few days without eating again.  Domesticated dogs are fed by us and sometimes we are giving then more than enough food to satisfy their nutrional needs.  If your dog is maintaining a healthy weight, showing good energy levels and contentment then she is most likely fine.

If you want to add a supplement to her diet for good measure, I recommend this one....

Susan Potts

Dog Food (Canine Diet and Nutrition)

Susan Potts

Dry food, canned food, homemade recipes,I can help you in choosing the right food for your pet. Nutrition by supplements for health is also a topic I enjoy talking about and therefore is one of the best things you can do for your pet. Ask about The Healthy Pet Challenge I am Not a veterinarian so any of my comments/answers to your questions are Not to be used as veterinarian's advise, diagnosis, or treatment. Please Do Not ask me any questions concerning medical advise, diagnosis, or treatment.

over 20 years of professional dog grooming, I have talked with a lot of people about pet foods. I have seven plus years of studying nutrition in dog health and diet. Seven plus years as an independent field representative with Flint River Ranch pet food and six plus years as a representative in the Health Pet Challenge business featuring Life's Abundance dog and cat food, treats, vitamins. Over 8 years as a distributor for NuVet Plus pet supplements. I enjoy talking and informing my clients about nutritional support to help with their pet's well being. Owner of Spotts Grooming and Holistic Pet Foods.

Healthy Pet Challenge - We are devoted to helping pets live longer, healthier lives through superior nutrition. Take the Healthy Pet Challenge Today! Healthy Pet Biz - training website

The Healthy Dog Spotts Dog Care

Continuing eduction from Life's Abundance Holistic pet food formulator, Dr. Jane Bicks and Dr. Sarah Wooten, DVM at Healthy Pet Biz

Over seven years of pet food and supplement customers throughout the United States and Canada