Dog Food (Canine Diet and Nutrition)/kidney crystals

My Edie has crystals and I bought special food for her but she refuses to eat it, I have two others dogs and it makes it difficult to feed her something different from them, can you send me a recipe for homemade food that she and my other dogs can eat, she has been on antibiotics with no success, so I'm hoping you can help me.
Thank you very much,    Janet

Hello Janet,

Sorry for the delay.  If you are looking for a dry food that all your dogs can eat, I suggest the fish formula from Flint River seen here: http//

Here are a few homecooked ideas

Fresh water available at all times
Use one of either 1/4 pound very lean beef (raw weight), cooked - 4 ounces tuna, canned in water, no salt added - 1/4 pound chicken Or 2/3 cup cottage cheese, 2% fat.

1 large egg, hard boiled
2 cups brown rice, long grain, cooked
2 teaspoons vegetable (canola) oil
1/2 ounce brewer's yeast
4 bonemeal tablets (10-grain or equivalent)
1/4 teaspoon salt substitute (potassium chloride
1 multi-vitmain wafer (I recommend NuVet Plus)

Is your dog drinking lots of water?  When there is a lack of water in a dog's diet this condition can occur.

Hope this helps.
Susan Potts  

Dog Food (Canine Diet and Nutrition)

Susan Potts

Dry food, canned food, homemade recipes,I can help you in choosing the right food for your pet. Nutrition by supplements for health is also a topic I enjoy talking about and therefore is one of the best things you can do for your pet. Ask about The Healthy Pet Challenge I am Not a veterinarian so any of my comments/answers to your questions are Not to be used as veterinarian's advise, diagnosis, or treatment. Please Do Not ask me any questions concerning medical advise, diagnosis, or treatment.

over 20 years of professional dog grooming, I have talked with a lot of people about pet foods. I have seven plus years of studying nutrition in dog health and diet. Seven plus years as an independent field representative with Flint River Ranch pet food and six plus years as a representative in the Health Pet Challenge business featuring Life's Abundance dog and cat food, treats, vitamins. Over 8 years as a distributor for NuVet Plus pet supplements. I enjoy talking and informing my clients about nutritional support to help with their pet's well being. Owner of Spotts Grooming and Holistic Pet Foods.

Healthy Pet Challenge - We are devoted to helping pets live longer, healthier lives through superior nutrition. Take the Healthy Pet Challenge Today! Healthy Pet Biz - training website

The Healthy Dog Spotts Dog Care

Continuing eduction from Life's Abundance Holistic pet food formulator, Dr. Jane Bicks and Dr. Sarah Wooten, DVM at Healthy Pet Biz

Over seven years of pet food and supplement customers throughout the United States and Canada