Dog Food (Canine Diet and Nutrition)/15 week beagle puppy with UTI and crystals

My puppy  is currently on the Hills prescription s/d diet.  I really despise Hills and as soon as her 1 month is over I want a good quality dry kibble.  I have been reading about the need for low protein, low phosphorus food.  My vet is pushing me to stick with Science diet  so they are no help.  I love Merrick and Wellness, and am fine with Solid Gold.  My concern is if the Wellness she had just started on caused her uti and crystals.  What brand and formulation would you recommend?  I'm confused if grain free is best since I keep seeing grains (carbs) can cause it, but if the grain free would be too much protein?  Please help!

Hello Lynett,

The Trout formula at is a great food for this health issue.  It's really hard to find a very good nutritional food that is suitable for dogs with crystals, but this one I mentioned is.  Also, your puppy would benefit greatly by going on NuVet Plus supplements.  These work to boost the dog's own immune system and contain herbal ingredients to regulate the kidneys.  These are not sold in stores and can only be purchased by phone 1-800-474-7044 (order code required 42299) or by going to their website Nuvet is the only dog supplement made in a fda pharmaceutical  lab and has a 100% money back guarantee if you don't see the results you are hoping for within 60 days.  15 weeks is young to be having these problems, so really consider giving these recommendations at try.

Hope these help, please let me know how your puppy is going.  You can email me at

Dog Food (Canine Diet and Nutrition)

Susan Potts

Dry food, canned food, homemade recipes,I can help you in choosing the right food for your pet. Nutrition by supplements for health is also a topic I enjoy talking about and therefore is one of the best things you can do for your pet. Ask about The Healthy Pet Challenge I am Not a veterinarian so any of my comments/answers to your questions are Not to be used as veterinarian's advise, diagnosis, or treatment. Please Do Not ask me any questions concerning medical advise, diagnosis, or treatment.

over 20 years of professional dog grooming, I have talked with a lot of people about pet foods. I have seven plus years of studying nutrition in dog health and diet. Seven plus years as an independent field representative with Flint River Ranch pet food and six plus years as a representative in the Health Pet Challenge business featuring Life's Abundance dog and cat food, treats, vitamins. Over 8 years as a distributor for NuVet Plus pet supplements. I enjoy talking and informing my clients about nutritional support to help with their pet's well being. Owner of Spotts Grooming and Holistic Pet Foods.

Healthy Pet Challenge - We are devoted to helping pets live longer, healthier lives through superior nutrition. Take the Healthy Pet Challenge Today! Healthy Pet Biz - training website

The Healthy Dog Spotts Dog Care

Continuing eduction from Life's Abundance Holistic pet food formulator, Dr. Jane Bicks and Dr. Sarah Wooten, DVM at Healthy Pet Biz

Over seven years of pet food and supplement customers throughout the United States and Canada