Dog Food (Canine Diet and Nutrition)/Food

Dear Ms. Potts, I'm currently feeding my dogs a combo of kibble & wet - mostly kibble. The kibble is grain free, usually potato free - and about a 30% protein rate. My dogs are Lhasa Apsos who require minimal exercise - and I've been told that higher protein is needed more for dogs who run and require lots of exercise. I'm currently using Great Life Salmon kibble - and a canned brand called Party Animal. I do use other kibbles, namely Orijen Fish 6 or Acana Pacific. My pet store, who I greatly respect, is really trying to get me to go with Honest Kitchen out of San Diego. In any event, what are your initial thoughts. Thank you Ms. Potts

Hello Steve,

My suggestion is to alway read the labels.  There are so many brands out there as they are all competing for your dollar.  I am a rep for a small company that has a holistic veteranian as the formulator and the ingredient sources all come from the US.  These things are also important to know about the food you feed to your dogs.  Check the ingredients, where do they come from, how is it made and how long before it gets to the consumer.  Freshness plays a key factor in quality food.  

Hope this helps.

Susan Potts  

Dog Food (Canine Diet and Nutrition)

Susan Potts

Dry food, canned food, homemade recipes,I can help you in choosing the right food for your pet. Nutrition by supplements for health is also a topic I enjoy talking about and therefore is one of the best things you can do for your pet. Ask about The Healthy Pet Challenge I am Not a veterinarian so any of my comments/answers to your questions are Not to be used as veterinarian's advise, diagnosis, or treatment. Please Do Not ask me any questions concerning medical advise, diagnosis, or treatment.

over 20 years of professional dog grooming, I have talked with a lot of people about pet foods. I have seven plus years of studying nutrition in dog health and diet. Seven plus years as an independent field representative with Flint River Ranch pet food and six plus years as a representative in the Health Pet Challenge business featuring Life's Abundance dog and cat food, treats, vitamins. Over 8 years as a distributor for NuVet Plus pet supplements. I enjoy talking and informing my clients about nutritional support to help with their pet's well being. Owner of Spotts Grooming and Holistic Pet Foods.

Healthy Pet Challenge - We are devoted to helping pets live longer, healthier lives through superior nutrition. Take the Healthy Pet Challenge Today! Healthy Pet Biz - training website

The Healthy Dog Spotts Dog Care

Continuing eduction from Life's Abundance Holistic pet food formulator, Dr. Jane Bicks and Dr. Sarah Wooten, DVM at Healthy Pet Biz

Over seven years of pet food and supplement customers throughout the United States and Canada