Dog Food (Canine Diet and Nutrition)/Gall bladder diet for Cocker Spaniel

Question
ZUZU and Big Boy
ZUZU and Big Boy  

ZUZU
ZUZU  
My dog is currently being treated at the hospital for gall bladder sludge and will be coming home soon. We are trying a medical route before surgery in the hopes that the medical option will reduce the thickening of the gall bladder wall by loosening the sludge or maintain current levels and reduce risk of rupture. She will be on a specialized, low fat diet. I have researched the current food she is prescribed (Hill's LD) and would like other options for food, if they exist. I trust the doctor and know that her diet is crucial for maintaining but are there other food options besides Hill's L/D for liver and gallbladder health?

Answer
Hello Sandi,

I am not comfortable giving alternatives to dogs on special diets.  I am not a veterinarian and would not want something to become worse.  I hope you understand.  
I do have a suggestion, perhaps you can find a holistic vet and ask them if they can recommend another food for your dog.

I hope everything workd well for you.

Adding a supplement of NuVet Plus is always helpfull in any illness.  See they website here http://www.nuvet.com/42299

Susan Potts
www.pipschoice.com  

Dog Food (Canine Diet and Nutrition)

Susan Potts