Dog Food (Canine Diet and Nutrition)/Gall bladder diet for Cocker Spaniel

ZUZU and Big Boy
ZUZU and Big Boy  

My dog is currently being treated at the hospital for gall bladder sludge and will be coming home soon. We are trying a medical route before surgery in the hopes that the medical option will reduce the thickening of the gall bladder wall by loosening the sludge or maintain current levels and reduce risk of rupture. She will be on a specialized, low fat diet. I have researched the current food she is prescribed (Hill's LD) and would like other options for food, if they exist. I trust the doctor and know that her diet is crucial for maintaining but are there other food options besides Hill's L/D for liver and gallbladder health?

Hello Sandi,

I am not comfortable giving alternatives to dogs on special diets.  I am not a veterinarian and would not want something to become worse.  I hope you understand.  
I do have a suggestion, perhaps you can find a holistic vet and ask them if they can recommend another food for your dog.

I hope everything workd well for you.

Adding a supplement of NuVet Plus is always helpfull in any illness.  See they website here

Susan Potts  

Dog Food (Canine Diet and Nutrition)

Susan Potts

Dry food, canned food, homemade recipes,I can help you in choosing the right food for your pet. Nutrition by supplements for health is also a topic I enjoy talking about and therefore is one of the best things you can do for your pet. Ask about The Healthy Pet Challenge I am Not a veterinarian so any of my comments/answers to your questions are Not to be used as veterinarian's advise, diagnosis, or treatment. Please Do Not ask me any questions concerning medical advise, diagnosis, or treatment.

over 20 years of professional dog grooming, I have talked with a lot of people about pet foods. I have seven plus years of studying nutrition in dog health and diet. Seven plus years as an independent field representative with Flint River Ranch pet food and six plus years as a representative in the Health Pet Challenge business featuring Life's Abundance dog and cat food, treats, vitamins. Over 8 years as a distributor for NuVet Plus pet supplements. I enjoy talking and informing my clients about nutritional support to help with their pet's well being. Owner of Spotts Grooming and Holistic Pet Foods.

Healthy Pet Challenge - We are devoted to helping pets live longer, healthier lives through superior nutrition. Take the Healthy Pet Challenge Today! Healthy Pet Biz - training website

The Healthy Dog Spotts Dog Care

Continuing eduction from Life's Abundance Holistic pet food formulator, Dr. Jane Bicks and Dr. Sarah Wooten, DVM at Healthy Pet Biz

Over seven years of pet food and supplement customers throughout the United States and Canada