Dog Food (Canine Diet and Nutrition)/nutritional supplements

Question
I know that Omega 3 Fish Oil is a recommended supplement supplement by some companies and sold by them under their brand names--IE:  "Supramega fish oil" from Dinovite.  But, why couldn't a dog take human fish oil?  It's a lot less expensive.

Answer
Hello Jan,

That is a great question, first let's look at fish oils as a whole.
Not all Fish Oils are Created Equal
The benefits of adding additional Omega-3ís to your diet and your dog's diet are well known. However, unless youíre using a high quality supplement, you may be better off not using one at all. In this case, what you donít know could hurt your wallet and your health.

The amount you pay for a bottle of fish oil can be deceptive. Itís not how much a bottle costs, but rather the amount you pay for 1,000 mg of the health-promoting ingredients EPA and DHA contained in the oil. If you look at comparisons, youíll see that The best quality oils also contain sesame lignans and astaxanthin, two key ingredients that enhance the health-promoting qualities of fish oil.

In its unpurified form, fish oil contains many contaminants, some of which can be harmful to your pet's health and yours.  To purify the oil takes many steps, each one adding to the cost of manufacturing. It is important to buy your fish oil from a company that not only says it purifies the oil, but one that is willing to share the results from every batch made with you, so you can know you and your family are safe.

The one I recommend is Sealogix omega-3 fish oil supplements.  They are highly concentrated and ultra pure and they meet or exceed the highest standards in the industry for quality assurance. In fact, each and every batch of Sealogix is tested by an independent third party organization (IFOS) and the results are posted right here so you can see the quality, concentration and purity that Sealogix supplements can offer you and your family.
You can see it here: http://www.lifesabundance.com/Category/Products/People/FishOil/SealogixLiquid.as(People_Base)

So to answer your question about why cant your dog take human fish oil, the better solution would be you should take your dog's oil.  The pet companies know that people will spend that extra because they loved their pets and want to give them the best.  But, no you really should not use human fish oils on your dogs.

Hope this helps.
Susan Potts
Www.spottsgroming.com holistic pet products  

Dog Food (Canine Diet and Nutrition)

Susan Potts