Dog Food (Canine Diet and Nutrition)/Switching Diets & Cooking for my Dog

Question
Hello!

I have an 8 year old Lab/Shepherd mix and I am looking to change his diet. I would like to start cooking for him, and have been giving him brown rice, chicken and canned pumpkin. But, given his age, I am wondering if I should add any supplements. He is currently very healthy with no joint problems. I am noticing his eyes starting to become a little cloudy though. What would you suggest? Also, if I decide not to cook for him - can you suggest a couple brands of 'reasonable' dog food for purchase?

Thank you,

Bri

Answer
dog stew home cooking recipe
dog stew home cooking  
Hi Bri, Sorry for the delay, I missed your question ;

Here is a link to a wonderful dog stew you can make for your 8 year old dog;  Also, I have listed the NuVet supplement on the site ;  Some great recipes on my blog and suggestions for Commercial Brands of dog kibble , too
SEE here
Homemade stew for dogs  http://bulldogvitamins.blogspot.com/2014/12/homemade-stew-for-dogs.html

Dog Food (Canine Diet and Nutrition)

Marie ( Recipes) How to home cook for your pooch

Many Years in Pet Care and Health... k9health options ; petnatural options; Own and Manage a Doggie Hotel, Also have been trained in Nutrition / Natural Choices for pets- Licensed Nurse for over 17 years

Check out my Updated pet blog

I have been working , along with the vet , on some HOME MADE feeding: Let me know if you need help with home cooking: Kidney failure / struvites / crystals Calculi/Stones (Urinary Tract Infections) hillspets; k9cuisine; Wynsong food reviews; Dog food Reviews; *If you make a donation, I give my proceeds to Pet Rescue. I work with 10 rescue groups that are local and national. Donations are appreciated.. ( my private e-mail is : mpmaltese@gmail.com

certificates and licensed