Dog Food (Canine Diet and Nutrition)/Westie Diet vitamins and home cooking ,

Question
I have a Westie who is 9 years old and has issues with yeast infections due to environmental allergies.  I've removed her kibble (turkey and potatoes) and all treats and I am trying out a Westie Diet recipe called Dan's Highlander Hash which calls for: pound ground turkey or salmon or tilapia, 1 raw carrot (substitute with celery stalk), 1 raw zucchini, 1 raw yellow squash, 1 medium apple - granny smith, and 2 Tbsps chopped fresh parsley.  I usually double the serving size to last for 2.5 days (she gets 4 small meals each day about 5 ounces).

Instead of turkey, I'm using salmon and baking it until it's at least 150 degrees Fahrenheit.  Is it safe to keep giving her this meal every day for two weeks?  In addition to this meal, I add 1 capusle of Gentle Digest (prebiotic and probiotic) as well as 1/8 teaspoon of turmeric per day.  I read salmon should be given periodically but since I'm leaving on vacation in a few days, I don't want to dramatically change her diet with the pet sitter.  Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Answer
NuVET  discount code 81098
NuVET discount code 8  
HI there Jen,  Well, the recipe you are using sounds pretty good.  The one thing I would change is the meat option.  I would go with the turkey more often than the Salmon.  My reason about lesser salmon is because it will cause pancreas problems if given too often.  I would only feed the salmon version of your recipe for a week.  Turkey or ground lamb is much better of a choice for a 9 year old Westie ..
Also, I do suggest if you home cook often to add the NuVET Plus powder supplement to her meal daily - place into the food daily -- just 1/2 of a teaspoon ...

NuVET is holistic and NOT sold in stores ;  Call 1-800-474-7044  ( give Discount code )  81098 and ask for the 15 % off program or order here http://www.nuvet.com/81098  

Dog Food (Canine Diet and Nutrition)

Marie ( Recipes) How to home cook for your pooch

20 plus years kennel and assisting Vets

I have been working, along with the vet, on HOMEMADE feeding: Let me know if you need help with home cooking: Kidney failure / struvites / crystals Calculi/Stones (Urinary Tract Infections)

certificates