Dog Food (Canine Diet and Nutrition)/dog food change?

My german shepherd has always had a sensitive stomach (she's 3) and we've had her on "Wellness limited ingredient diet" dry food for a couple years now but lately she seems kind of bored of it. So we're considering switching to something comparable that doesn't have grains and has limited ingredients, obviously wellness is a premium dog food and the cost certainly reflects that! We were hoping to find something thats close to the same quality but it would be great if it was a bit less expensive- were paying $50 for a 25lb bag every month- do you know of another great brand or food to check out that might be a bit more economical? Thanks so much!

Hi Ashley,
I do not recommend brands in this forum, but I can offer guidance to educate you about confusing and deceptive ingredient labels and nutrition.

Here is a simplified article about labels:

I strongly advocate mixing in real food (thus why I started Rudy Green's) to add superior nutrition, enhance health, alleviate boredom and lack of interest:

Lots of good links and articles here:

One of the best and only honest sources of information regarding pet food industry:

If you want to email or call me I will give you more information.

Dog Food (Canine Diet and Nutrition)

Karla Haas

Welcomes questions regarding cooking for dogs, and may be able to provide information regarding pet food quality and ingredients. Not qualified to answer medical questions.

Founder, Rudy Green Inc., manufacturer of a frozen, all natural "people food for dogs". I have been an animal rescue worker for over 20 years and have extensive knowledge of pet food and nutrition.

Bachelors degree in Social Sciences. 20+ years of active volunteerism within Animal Welfare organizations. Over 6 years of studies and hands on research in pet nutrition.

Retail customers include Whole Foods Market, Kroger, Amazon and independent pet supply and grocery stores