Dog Grooming/need help choosing a clipper PLEASE!

Question
Hi all,

I'm looking to getting clipper for my toy poodle. I like the andis but not sure which one is the best..

I'm looking for cordless, changeable blades, not loud and does not heat up fast..  Can you please provide me with a good one.. I dont care how much it is As long as it does not break down and its good..

Answer
Hi Nicky-
I don't know how experienced you are with using a clipper but ALL clipper blades heat up after prolonged use. Some people use a spray to cool them off but depending on what kind of pattern you are putting on the dog decides how often you need to change or cool the blade. Using a snap on guide keeps the blade away from the skin.
Cordless clippers are great for experienced groomers because they do need to be charged and don't have the power of the corded models. They do come with snap on blades but often are difficult for amateurs to work with.
Andis, Oster, Wahl, are all good products if you get the professional pet models. Forget the ones they sell at the big box "Mart" stores. I use Wahl Bravura Cordless with metal snap on guides for different lengths. I also use the Andis corded and the Oster corded with metal snap-on guides(use a 40 blade) but also different actual blade sizes, 10, 40, 5,7,3.
The real trick is how you hold them- think of it as a pencil and use a scooping motion always in the direction of the hair growth.
Check out YouTube videos for more direction.  

Dog Grooming

ElizaBeth CRONK (Horch)