Dog Grooming/Longhaired dachshund trim

I took my 3 mini long-haired dachshunds to a particular groomer for the first time. We live on an acreage and they spend a lot of time getting dirty. Usually I just bathe them myself. I took them to a different groomer in the past. This time one came out looking fairly nice. The others were okay, but our oldest had her ear hair cut short. They cut off all the darker hair on the ends and it looked like she had her hair bobbed. Will it grow back?? I am a little distressed about this. Thank you.

Hi Wendy,
Guess you got a lesson the hard way… Some groomers think they need to show you are getting your monies worth by doing a little extra something like trimming the edges of a raggedy ear with a straight edge shear. It will grow back but not for quite some time. It will have to go through a complete season or 2 where it falls out naturally by the root so the black tip returns. Almost like plucking the wire haired breeds. The virgin hair which starts  anew will have that tip whereas hair that is cut or clipped loses the color.
Remember next time to tell them no scissoring. Raking only! If the edges are really ragged it is best to pluck out the really long and straggly ones. At least that way you won't get that "bobbed" look and the black tips will come back. Then again some people actually like that look so you have to be specific.
Remember to be as careful of your dogs groomer as you would of your own… sometimes you just get what you pay for if you don't check out what the finished products look like coming out the front door or they just have no experience in your breed. You set the limits.
It will grow - give it time
thanks for asking AllExpert!

Dog Grooming

ElizaBeth CRONK (Horch)

Professional Dog Groomer-How to groom dogs- all breeds but specialize in the Art of the Hand Plucked Terrier, Bichon and Portugese Water Dog. Scissoring, clippering, and most known for hand plucked terrier skills. I am well known for my private business in Manhattan. I train owners and professionals looking to upgrade their skills Trained at NY School of Dog Grooming and apprenticed with several Internationally known expert breeders, handlers, and judges, assisted many years Westminster and Montgomery Kennel club shows.

28 years private residential dog grooming service- I have groomed over 30,000 dogs I teach professionals and private clients

Member Twin Brooks Kennel CLub- NJ Morris and Essex Kennel Club American Fox Terrier Club

Publications DVD Splish Splash the Doggies Bath- a how to for basic dog bathing Terrierific Facebook Fan page consultant for various pet publications and manufacturers of pet products

New York School of Dog Grooming/ worked with many professional handlers, assisted many dog shows, bred my own dogs, private tutoring

private listing over 250
video now available on website testimonials on website