Dog Grooming/Wire fox terrier

Question
Pls tell me how to groom a wire fox terrier.. I m so co fused some say to use a machine to cut hair in one level and some say use hand stripper. I m from India. Pls tell me if there is anything online available where I can get a hand stripper who ship international..also his ears r erect if u can suggest anything.
Regards

Answer
Wire Fox
Wire Fox  

Wire Fox
Wire Fox  
Sulbha my dear,
I am pleased to hear the breed is in your country- I too have WFTs!
You must start reading about and looking up this breed on YouTube. After you watch the videos on "how to" then you can pick out the things you want to try although if you go to my website
terrierific.net
I have a section that recommends equipment with links to websites for them. Most of those will ship internationally especially Cherrybrook.com which is a terrier specialist. Also you can " like" a lot of terrier fan pages on Facebook and see what other WFTs look like.
As for those ears, I'm afraid there is nothing that can be done except cosmetic surgery and that is the breaking of the cartilage, which is too taut, that makes the ear stand erect instead of breaking midway like the standard requires.
Clipping will ruin the wire hair jacket but is not a terrible thing if you can not find someone to pluck it for you or you do not want to learn to do it for yourself. The coat will become soft and curly and lose the color but will still be able to have the pattern carved out of it to make it look like a WFT. You can look on those sites I mentioned and see the differences. One will have dark colors and straight hair the other will be soft and fluffy looking with little color. Totally acceptable for pets but unacceptable and reason to disqualify for show dogs.
good luck and feel free to ask more questions.  

Dog Grooming

ElizaBeth CRONK (Horch)