Dog Grooming/Products to reduce dogs odor.

I bathe my Lab often, but each time I give her a bath she immediately goes outside and rolls in the worst smelling thing that she can find.  I know that I cannot stop her from doing this, but I am wondering if there is anything that I can do to combat the odor resulting from her habits.  I live in the country, so there are many critters coming and going on my property.

Hi Dennis,
The best thing I can tell you to do is to keep your dog on a leash so that you don't have to worry about this but that doesn't always work. It's a rather large breed so it's kind of difficult to just keep throwing it in the tub although that would never hurt a water dog. What I do is use a waterless shampoo like ProLines self-rinse. You can put it in a large bucket and dilute it with water and use a sponge. Last night I wrote an answer to a person who had a problem with the dog that did not like to be bathed.  The solution is similar. SpongeBaths are often the best solution to this problem. Any waterless shampoo would probably work. I just happen to like that particular brand best because it has the least perfume and the best results in my opinion.
Read the post before yours and you can get a better idea of how I explained the situation.
Hope this helps.
Good luck!

Dog Grooming

ElizaBeth CRONK (Horch)

Professional Dog Groomer-How to groom dogs- all breeds but specialize in the Art of the Hand Plucked Terrier, Bichon and Portugese Water Dog. Scissoring, clippering, and most known for hand plucked terrier skills. I am well known for my private business in Manhattan. I train owners and professionals looking to upgrade their skills Trained at NY School of Dog Grooming and apprenticed with several Internationally known expert breeders, handlers, and judges, assisted many years Westminster and Montgomery Kennel club shows.

28 years private residential dog grooming service- I have groomed over 30,000 dogs I teach professionals and private clients

Member Twin Brooks Kennel CLub- NJ Morris and Essex Kennel Club American Fox Terrier Club

Publications DVD Splish Splash the Doggies Bath- a how to for basic dog bathing Terrierific Facebook Fan page consultant for various pet publications and manufacturers of pet products

New York School of Dog Grooming/ worked with many professional handlers, assisted many dog shows, bred my own dogs, private tutoring

private listing over 250
video now available on website testimonials on website