Dog Grooming/Skunk

What should i use to get skunk smell off my dog?

You didn't say how big your dog is or when this happened but no matter what you do the smell will stay in the coat until it falls out. You can eliminate a lot by using the standard tomato juice bath a few gallons of juice soaked into his coat and then rinsed out- may take a few times. There is another good recipe that I like better but it works best if done immediately

Mix together:

One quart 3% hydrogen peroxide*

cup baking soda

one teaspoon liquid dish soap

* white vinegar can be substituted, but it is not as effective

If washing a pet, keep the solution out of their ears and avoid their eyes and mouth. Wash thoroughly with the solution then rinse thoroughly. Repeat if necessary. Use the solution immediately after preparation. Do not store unused solution.

Removing skunk spray is most effective during the first few hours after spraying.

good luck!

Dog Grooming

ElizaBeth CRONK (Horch)

Professional Dog Groomer-How to groom dogs- all breeds but specialize in the Art of the Hand Plucked Terrier, Bichon and Portugese Water Dog. Scissoring, clippering, and most known for hand plucked terrier skills. I am well known for my private business in Manhattan. I train owners and professionals looking to upgrade their skills Trained at NY School of Dog Grooming and apprenticed with several Internationally known expert breeders, handlers, and judges, assisted many years Westminster and Montgomery Kennel club shows.

28 years private residential dog grooming service- I have groomed over 30,000 dogs I teach professionals and private clients

Member Twin Brooks Kennel CLub- NJ Morris and Essex Kennel Club American Fox Terrier Club

Publications DVD Splish Splash the Doggies Bath- a how to for basic dog bathing Terrierific Facebook Fan page consultant for various pet publications and manufacturers of pet products

New York School of Dog Grooming/ worked with many professional handlers, assisted many dog shows, bred my own dogs, private tutoring

private listing over 250
video now available on website testimonials on website