Dog Grooming/tear stains

Hello! I have a beautiful, light cream color Pomeranian that I imported from Japan. But she is getting some awful-looking tear stains. I am an experienced dog owner, but I've never owned a light color dog before. What is the best thing I can do to get rid of them??
Thanks a lot!

Hi Asha,
This is a problem that is difficult to solve- there is really nothing wrong but I think it is a stomach acid/Ph factor that can only be relieved by a low grade antibiotic called Tylan, by prescription only. It is a powder sprinkled over food. It is the only thing that I have ever seen work. Angel eyes is an expensive over the counter product that I have never had any luck with. Discuss this with your vet. Some of my clients use it a few weeks on a few weeks off.
Personally I wouldn't use it unless the eyes were really bad or the on and off  dose.
Good luck with your new girl!

Dog Grooming

ElizaBeth CRONK (Horch)

Professional Dog Groomer-How to groom dogs- all breeds but specialize in the Art of the Hand Plucked Terrier, Bichon and Portugese Water Dog. Scissoring, clippering, and most known for hand plucked terrier skills. I am well known for my private business in Manhattan. I train owners and professionals looking to upgrade their skills Trained at NY School of Dog Grooming and apprenticed with several Internationally known expert breeders, handlers, and judges, assisted many years Westminster and Montgomery Kennel club shows.

28 years private residential dog grooming service- I have groomed over 30,000 dogs I teach professionals and private clients

Member Twin Brooks Kennel CLub- NJ Morris and Essex Kennel Club American Fox Terrier Club

Publications DVD Splish Splash the Doggies Bath- a how to for basic dog bathing Terrierific Facebook Fan page consultant for various pet publications and manufacturers of pet products

New York School of Dog Grooming/ worked with many professional handlers, assisted many dog shows, bred my own dogs, private tutoring

private listing over 250
video now available on website testimonials on website