Dog Grooming/Handstripping

Hello, I have been a groomer for about 7 years and have never done a strip. I need and want to learn. Can you guide me? Thank you

Hi Larissa.
My best advice for you is to find a breeder who has wire coated breeds and ask them if you can apprentice with them- which is how I learned. It is such a hands on learning experience that you must be doing it while you are learning in order to get it. Dog Shows are the best place to meet these people. You didn't say where you are located but shows are in full swing this time of year. They have a different way of grooming show dogs but you need to learn the correct way before turning it into Pet grooming.
There are Youtube videos and it is great to watch those to get started but it is not going to give you the tactile touch you will need to actually learn.
I also recommend getting you own wire haired dog in order to practice. That's the best way to learn the sequence of growth.
Let me know how it goes-
good luck!

Dog Grooming

ElizaBeth CRONK (Horch)

Professional Dog Groomer-How to groom dogs- all breeds but specialize in the Art of the Hand Plucked Terrier, Bichon and Portugese Water Dog. Scissoring, clippering, and most known for hand plucked terrier skills. I am well known for my private business in Manhattan. I train owners and professionals looking to upgrade their skills Trained at NY School of Dog Grooming and apprenticed with several Internationally known expert breeders, handlers, and judges, assisted many years Westminster and Montgomery Kennel club shows.

28 years private residential dog grooming service- I have groomed over 30,000 dogs I teach professionals and private clients

Member Twin Brooks Kennel CLub- NJ Morris and Essex Kennel Club American Fox Terrier Club

Publications DVD Splish Splash the Doggies Bath- a how to for basic dog bathing Terrierific Facebook Fan page consultant for various pet publications and manufacturers of pet products

New York School of Dog Grooming/ worked with many professional handlers, assisted many dog shows, bred my own dogs, private tutoring

private listing over 250
video now available on website testimonials on website