Dog Grooming/Rebellious Dog

My dog is about 12 years old. She hasn't had a well experience with dog grooming so now what do i do. She is a sweet dog but every time we try to cut her hair she becomes aggressive and tries to bites us. Now no groomers want to cut her hair and her hair is long with lots of knots but she will not allow us to even trim a little bit of hair.  Not only that but when we took her to the vet to get a check up she tried to attack the vet. He wasn't able to control her very well even with a muzzle. We were told to take her to the vet so they can cut her hair but its to expensive and we can't afford it. Please help what do we do?

This is a very difficult situation. The only way you can fix this is to have her sedated and shaved down. The problem is you wait too long to have the dog groomed and it hurts her. At her age you can't force her to be still while this process is being done. There is no other recourse.
Sorry I can't be more helpful but I have seen this before and it is too stressful for the dog and everyone else. You'll just have to shave her down once a year. Try the local ASPCA- they may have funds for this type of situation.  

Dog Grooming

ElizaBeth CRONK (Horch)

Professional Dog Groomer-How to groom dogs- all breeds but specialize in the Art of the Hand Plucked Terrier, Bichon and Portugese Water Dog. Scissoring, clippering, and most known for hand plucked terrier skills. I am well known for my private business in Manhattan. I train owners and professionals looking to upgrade their skills Trained at NY School of Dog Grooming and apprenticed with several Internationally known expert breeders, handlers, and judges, assisted many years Westminster and Montgomery Kennel club shows.

28 years private residential dog grooming service- I have groomed over 30,000 dogs I teach professionals and private clients

Member Twin Brooks Kennel CLub- NJ Morris and Essex Kennel Club American Fox Terrier Club

Publications DVD Splish Splash the Doggies Bath- a how to for basic dog bathing Terrierific Facebook Fan page consultant for various pet publications and manufacturers of pet products

New York School of Dog Grooming/ worked with many professional handlers, assisted many dog shows, bred my own dogs, private tutoring

private listing over 250
video now available on website testimonials on website