Dog Grooming/Hi i have questions that im curious about and are easy for you to answer this time

1. ive always wondered to this question but why do groomers shave the female sani area with blade going straight up? im talking about the belly. ive seen lots of groomers do this. shave with the clippers going staright up.

2. what if i decided to shave the stomach area with the clipper going straight down? not straight up like every groomer.Is this okay for me to do. I must be the only one that has decided to shave the stomach sani area with the blade going straight down.

im really curious thats all. I do have more questions

When you shave closely you should always be shaving in the direction that the hair grows so that would be the most common reason to be shaving up because you're following the grain of the hair
If you should shave against the grain you are more likely to get razor burn and that is considered to be unprofessional and unnecessary not to mention painful for the dog.
It's always about what is best for the dog  

Dog Grooming

ElizaBeth CRONK (Horch)

Professional Dog Groomer-How to groom dogs- all breeds but specialize in the Art of the Hand Plucked Terrier, Bichon and Portugese Water Dog. Scissoring, clippering, and most known for hand plucked terrier skills. I am well known for my private business in Manhattan. I train owners and professionals looking to upgrade their skills Trained at NY School of Dog Grooming and apprenticed with several Internationally known expert breeders, handlers, and judges, assisted many years Westminster and Montgomery Kennel club shows.

28 years private residential dog grooming service- I have groomed over 30,000 dogs I teach professionals and private clients

Member Twin Brooks Kennel CLub- NJ Morris and Essex Kennel Club American Fox Terrier Club

Publications DVD Splish Splash the Doggies Bath- a how to for basic dog bathing Terrierific Facebook Fan page consultant for various pet publications and manufacturers of pet products

New York School of Dog Grooming/ worked with many professional handlers, assisted many dog shows, bred my own dogs, private tutoring

private listing over 250
video now available on website testimonials on website