Dog Grooming/Hi i have questions that im curious about and are easy for you to answer this time

Question
1. ive always wondered to this question but why do groomers shave the female sani area with blade going straight up? im talking about the belly. ive seen lots of groomers do this. shave with the clippers going staright up.

2. what if i decided to shave the stomach area with the clipper going straight down? not straight up like every groomer.Is this okay for me to do. I must be the only one that has decided to shave the stomach sani area with the blade going straight down.

im really curious thats all. I do have more questions

Answer
When you shave closely you should always be shaving in the direction that the hair grows so that would be the most common reason to be shaving up because you're following the grain of the hair
If you should shave against the grain you are more likely to get razor burn and that is considered to be unprofessional and unnecessary not to mention painful for the dog.
It's always about what is best for the dog  

Dog Grooming

ElizaBeth CRONK (Horch)