Dog Grooming/dog grooming brush for my dog

QUESTION: hello ElizaBeth. I am Caine from India. I have attached an image of dog JACKIE. Could you please suggest me the best grooming brush for my dog? He's a 15 year old neutered pariah dog.

ANSWER: Sorry to take so long but I was on vacation.
Your sweet old fellow should be handled gently - by gently I would say that a natural bristle brush is about all you need to brush that kind of coat- but then I would also use a strong metal comb to get through any undercoat that may have compacted under the guard hair.
Other than that, I see nothing special I would do for him. Let him enjoy the rest of his life with lots of love.
all the best

QUESTION: thanks for the answer ElizaBeth. well, cant i use a rubber curry comb or a curry mitt for grooming my dog since these equipment are easily available at our local pet shops?

The rubber curry can be used in the bath to help shed us excess hair and will be gentler with the soap as a lubricant. The mitt is good for shining hair but not the one with pins- his skin is very thin at this age so you don't want to scratch or irritate it. A sisal mitt is all I would use.
best and thanks for the rating.

Dog Grooming

ElizaBeth CRONK (Horch)

Professional Dog Groomer-How to groom dogs- all breeds but specialize in the Art of the Hand Plucked Terrier, Bichon and Portugese Water Dog. Scissoring, clippering, and most known for hand plucked terrier skills. I am well known for my private business in Manhattan. I train owners and professionals looking to upgrade their skills Trained at NY School of Dog Grooming and apprenticed with several Internationally known expert breeders, handlers, and judges, assisted many years Westminster and Montgomery Kennel club shows.

28 years private residential dog grooming service- I have groomed over 30,000 dogs I teach professionals and private clients

Member Twin Brooks Kennel CLub- NJ Morris and Essex Kennel Club American Fox Terrier Club

Publications DVD Splish Splash the Doggies Bath- a how to for basic dog bathing Terrierific Facebook Fan page consultant for various pet publications and manufacturers of pet products

New York School of Dog Grooming/ worked with many professional handlers, assisted many dog shows, bred my own dogs, private tutoring

private listing over 250
video now available on website testimonials on website