Dog Grooming/dog grooming brush for my dog

Question
jackie
jackie  
QUESTION: hello ElizaBeth. I am Caine from India. I have attached an image of dog JACKIE. Could you please suggest me the best grooming brush for my dog? He's a 15 year old neutered pariah dog.

ANSWER: Sorry to take so long but I was on vacation.
Your sweet old fellow should be handled gently - by gently I would say that a natural bristle brush is about all you need to brush that kind of coat- but then I would also use a strong metal comb to get through any undercoat that may have compacted under the guard hair.
Other than that, I see nothing special I would do for him. Let him enjoy the rest of his life with lots of love.
all the best
Beth

QUESTION: thanks for the answer ElizaBeth. well, cant i use a rubber curry comb or a curry mitt for grooming my dog since these equipment are easily available at our local pet shops?

Answer
The rubber curry can be used in the bath to help shed us excess hair and will be gentler with the soap as a lubricant. The mitt is good for shining hair but not the one with pins- his skin is very thin at this age so you don't want to scratch or irritate it. A sisal mitt is all I would use.
best and thanks for the rating.

Dog Grooming

ElizaBeth CRONK (Horch)