Dog Grooming/How to remove pee stain from fur

Question

I have a question about how to remove the yellow pee stain from white fur. I have an older white lab who has terrible urinary incontinence. As hard as we try she still to keep her clean she still gets yellow stains on her fur. I've tried regular shampoo and whitening shampoo but neither seems to help. Do you have any suggestions on white I can use to remove the yellow pee stains?

Thank you,
Have a great day,
Ricki Jones

Answer
Hi Rikki
The unfortunate condition is only rectified by quick action. The longer the urine sits in the fur the less likely it will be to get it removed if at all.
The best product  I have used is ProLine Self Rinse. It s a waterless shampoo that helps remove stains and brightens coats. I put it in a spray bottle and use it for instant quick shots right on the spot. Then I use a wet sponge to squeeze it out. It really brightens light colors and freshens the coat.  However once the stain is set in there is no other way at to remove it other than cutting it out. Once you do that and if you are diligent about applying the spray a couple of times a day or whenever the accidents occur, you can control the discoloration.
That is my favorite go-to product for quick clean ups on all dogs
Hope this helps.

Dog Grooming

ElizaBeth CRONK (Horch)