Dog Grooming/Hand stripping

Question
Hi, I rescued a 6 month old Westie about three weeks ago. I took her to a dog groomer and she got the "classic" westie cut.  I am noticing for about two weeks that her hair is changing color from white to yellowish and the hair on her back hasn't grown.  I have been researching online and discovered hand stripping.  I am worried that since the groomer clipped her, it will take a long time for hand stripping to restore her pretty white fur.  My question is, can my dog be stripped 3 weeks after she's been clipped and will this improve her hair?  I am worried that her hair is permanently damaged.  Thank you for your input! :)

Answer
Hi Angela,
Thanks for rescuing! I am a strong advocate of breed rescues.
I am glad you did your research and sorry it was because you had one of "those" experiences. The difference is so huge visually and physically once you know the difference you are spoilt for the pet shop do's.
First lets start with it's not too late to fix. Just takes time and some finessing.
Second, believe it or not a lot of Westies have that cream colored stripe down their back. It is not considered a fault but it is way more obvious when clippered than pulled.
I would wait at least 8 weeks before you do anything else. Who are you planning to use? Many places say they are hand stripping, charge astronomical prices and do not really do it correctly or completely. It is more expensive but I can recommend some one if you are in the Metro area.
Email my website if you are interested. It's on the bio here.
best
Beth

Dog Grooming

ElizaBeth CRONK (Horch)