Dog Training/Crate Training - Anxiety

Fed up wrote at 2014-02-27 16:17:43
I'm having same issue with a Maltese male about a year old.

He is fine I've even tried kenneling him with our well behaved jack Russell and daschound. Nothing! As soon

As the door is closed I get a high pitch scream that lasts hours upon hours.

No sleep other dogs can't stand it, kids can't sleep. He is in kennel

Bc one broke his leg trying to get to us jumping and fell back on his leg.

Two bc he isn't potty trained. Separation anxiety is some of it

But the kennel is torture to him and us!!! We can't do this any longer.

The dr doesn't seem to want to put him on anything

Other than trazadone and that isn't working plus I don't want

Him drugged I want him help!! Trazadone doesn't fix the problem and only lasts two hours at a time  

Dog Training

Henry Ruhwiedel, BS B/M, CPBE, APDT

Dog training, kenneling, behavior. We train dogs at our facility that offers seperate training building, boarding and grooming facility, 5 acres of dog and cat space. We train pet store and county animal control officers and staff animal behavior and training, to aid adoptability and improve safety and handling of stray dogs. We use AKC Rally style training using agility equipment and positve reinforcement with our own book and DVD as training aids. We've trained over 120 breeds and thousands of dogs. We developed and taught college course at Indiana University, "Professional Animal Behavior and Care" wrote our own book and DVD for obedience training and understanding animal behavior that all training clients receive as part of basic obedience.

Owner, Westwind Kennels LLC, Crown Point, IN. Training dogs for nearly 50 years. Developed and taught college class, Professional Animal Care and Behavior at Indiana University for 6 yers. Authord book and DVD on obedience training. We own over a dozen dogs, 10 cats, and have had as many as 20 dogs at one time of many breeds from Greyhound, Beagle, Basset, Rottweiler, Doberman, Akita, Briard, German Short Hair pointer, Labrador, Shepherd, Husky, mutts, most from animal shelters.

ABKA, AKC, APDT, Red Cross,

Book and DVD on obedience training, several Chicago TV appearances, TV Guide, McCalls, TV appearances in Toledo, Detroit, Lansing, Topeka, since 1970.

BS, BM, EET, Red Cross certified pet/human CPR trainer, developed and taught college level animal behavior and care for professionals, CPBE, and an Emmy (1997)

Recommended by county animal control, area vets, Red Cross, Great Lakes Greyhound, mamy others.

Thousands of individuals, police dogs, drug dogs, S&R and bomb detection dogs. Our facility includes 24/7 doggy cam of the entire facililty.