Dog Training/German Shepard, Pitbull Mix

RaVe4LiFe wrote at 2012-12-04 03:54:29
I have a 6 year old German Shep/Pit mix that we adopted when she was only 6 months old. She's about the size of a pit with the coloring of a German. She was a stray and since adopting her, she has become a well loved member of our family.

Walks at least twice a day for about 20 mins each or more is necessary for her because she is a very hyper dog.

She is very people friendly to the point of annoyance at times, but she is a sweet heart nonetheless. The only problem we have with her, despite constant training, is that she does have aggression towards other dogs. Training a dog, especially a mix like Raven, does not end after puppy hood, it is a constant lesson for both the dog and our family. While she does show aggression towards other dogs, she does have a fondness for other animals (we have two cats, three geckos and the occasional hamster). Raven is in love with our younger kitten and they play together, sleep together and even eat our of the same bowl at times (which the kitten is not allowed to do...but she does anyway). Raven absolutely adores my hamster and will follow the hamster around the house as it rolls around in a plastic ball. The hamster, oddly enough, is not afraid of the huge animals and will actually roll up to them.

The point is that it's not about the breed of the dog, it is how well the dog is trained, how often the dog is exercised, and how much the dog is loved. It's all about the effort you want to put into the dog! Raven sleeps in my bed every time I come home from college and I couldn't dream of a life without her.

Dog Training

Adrienne Janet Farricelli CPDT-KA