Dog Training/training to chew correct items

I was thinking today about spraying a certain scent (such as vanilla) only on items I want my puppy to play with. Would this help her differentiate between our items and hers?
Thank you very much for any guidance.

No, even though this may work it will probably wind up making her chew on anything that had that scent. The best way is to correct the dog if you catch her trying to chew on something that she is not supposed to. You should have a certain toy or toys that she is allowed to chew on but nothing else. Some people have gotten results from using commercially available deterrents to chewing but this does not guarantee it will work for every dog.

Dog Training

Chris Cantrell

Typically answer questions about basic obedience and search and rescue training for any types/breeds of dogs. I DO NOT answer questions regarding any health related issues. I DO NOT PROMISE TO ANSWER QUESTIONS OTHER THAN THE AREAS I HAVE LISTED. If you are going to ask a question I do expect to get sufficient information. I cannot make any promises that I can answer your question if it is a behavioral issue because you have to be around the animal to properly evaluate what the animal is or is not doing so do not expect a miracle through email.

Chief of local rescue squad. I have 2 trained K-9's. One is trained for live, cadaver and HRD. The second is trained for live search and in training currently for cadaver and HRD. Formerly trained Police K-9's for Patrol, protection and Narcotics.

Alabama Association of Rescue Squads, North American Search Dog Alliance

NASAR, AARS, Alabama Fire College