Dog Training/Too friendly dog/ genital licking

Question
Hi I really hope you can help me I am not finding much info on the internet.  I have a 3 year old chiweenie, and he is a pest, he sticks onto other dogs like a leech and will not leave them alone, and they get annoyed at snap at him and he still will not stop. We go to the dog park or on walks with my parents dogs, and he finds one dog and licks it's genitals and will not stop, he will chase the dog around for 30 minutes trying to continue licking (and people at the dog park really do not like this)!  If he is not licking he is jumping on the dog trying to play, and will not stop even if the dog has made it clear that he/she doesn't want to play.  Two of the little dogs we go hiking with every weekend are now very afraid of my dog and do not come near him, they put their heads down and tail between their legs when my dog approaches them.  When we walk and he does this I try to distract him and get him to continue walking, I get in between the two dogs but he constantly just goes right back to the dog! My next step will be to just leash him when we walk (we walk on hiking trails off leash) but I feel this is not really solving the problem its just putting a bandaid on it.  Any advise/suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Answer
My advice is to leash him, at least temporarily, because the more he gets to do it, he's learning it's OK to do it.  The first step in any behavior modification scenario is to prevent the dog from rehearsing the unwanted behavior.  Next, I would train a rock solid "come."  There are some great videos for learning to do that well: Really Reliable Recall (Leslie Nelson), and Teaching the Whistle Recall (Pamela Dennison).  Next, train "leave it."  Here's Emily Larlham's method: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNAOe1djDyc.  Leave it training can extend to toys, other objects, and other dogs.  If you get stuck, get a force free trainer to help you. You can find one at the Pet Professional Guild.

Dog Training

Anne Springer, B.A., Dip., CTDI, CLWI, CAPCT, VA