Dog Training/Dog

Gary wrote at 2013-05-21 14:56:35
REX, I feel i have to add a little something here. As a father do you feel that your children are 100% safe with the dog ? we had a Rhodesian Ridgeback and our neighbor had to pit bulls. Him his wife and infant child were out and my wife was walking our dog. The 2 pits jumped through the and they came toward my wife our dog Skipper got in front of my wife and the 2 pits came at my dog. It was a furball of a fight. When it was over one of the pits was down with a large bite to the neck,our dog dispatched him. My dog had a 3 inch cut on his neck. The other dog was put down the next day.. I apologize for the lengthy text. You have to feel that your children are 100% safe when you are not home. If you do feel that way,that is your answer. I wish you luck  

Dog Training

Chris Cantrell

Typically answer questions about basic obedience and search and rescue training for any types/breeds of dogs. I DO NOT answer questions regarding any health related issues. I DO NOT PROMISE TO ANSWER QUESTIONS OTHER THAN THE AREAS I HAVE LISTED. If you are going to ask a question I do expect to get sufficient information. I cannot make any promises that I can answer your question if it is a behavioral issue because you have to be around the animal to properly evaluate what the animal is or is not doing so do not expect a miracle through email.

Chief of local rescue squad. I have 2 trained K-9's. One is trained for live, cadaver and HRD. The second is trained for live search and in training currently for cadaver and HRD. Formerly trained Police K-9's for Patrol, protection and Narcotics.

Alabama Association of Rescue Squads, North American Search Dog Alliance

NASAR, AARS, Alabama Fire College