Dog Training/Scared dog

Question
I have a two-year-old mixed breed dog (probably Irish terrier, border collie, Golden) that we rescued and has become increasingly fearful. At home she's fine, and she does okay in the car or in another friend's house. But if we try to walk her in the street, within 200 feet she pulls to get back in the car or back to the house -- and she's strong! She's at the verge of panic. We thought that exposing her to the outside world would condition her to feel safe, but it actually seems to be getting worse. Suggestions? Happy to answer any questions. Thanks.

Answer
If you don't know anything about the dogs history there may be issues that cannot be resolved. Without knowing why you must go on what you have. With the dog being 2 there are certain things that the dog will be set on. You have to slowly introduce the dog to new environments a little bit at a time. If this is not successful let me know. This is a difficult area to address since I am not around the dog to see how they react. Try your best to introduce the dog to each outside influence one at a time until you can determine which is worse and how the dog reacts.

Dog Training

Chris Cantrell